Friday, March 2, 2012

Gender Reveal 2

Ok, so I somehow deleted my previous "Gender Reveal" post.  So after cussing the computer, blogspot, and myself, I am going to attempt to re-write it the best I can.  Here goes.

We wanted to find out the gender of "Baby Ray" by way of a Gender Reveal Party.  Well I wanted to and Jason just went along with it.  Since Jason and I have decided to only have one child, "Baby Ray" will be our only child together, so I wanted to make a big deal of this milestone in my pregnancy.  So spawned the Gender Reveal idea.

On Thursday 2/23 we had a ultrasound scheduled to find out what the gender of "Baby Ray" was.  I was so excited!!  When I first climbed up onto the table, the ultrasound tech instructed us to cover/close our eyes since she didn't know how he/she was positioned in my tummy.  So with all eyes covered and closed she lowered the wand onto my exposed stomach, and then told us to keep them closed while she tried to locate and take pictures of he or she's gender determining area.  We finally got to open our eyes and watch our sweet baby up on the screen for a few minutes.  After all the gel was wiped from my tummy, and maternity jeans hiked back up to their original position she sealed the picture showing the gender and handed it off to my friend Amanda for safe keeping.  She was my insurance of being able to keep the surprise in case I had a moment of weakness and an envelope in my hand.  Once we left the office the tech called the baker and told her whether she would be baking a blue or pink cake.  The wait to Saturday was going to be a long one, there were people in the world who knew the gender of my baby and one of them wasn't me!!


("Baby Ray" at 16 weeks)

Friday I was kept pretty busy running from store to store, stocking up on anything and everything blue and pink I could use for decorating my parents house, where they party was being held.  (Thanks again Mom and Dad).  I hardly slept Friday night, I kept jumping up thinking it was time to get up and get ready to go, I finally gave up the sleep effort at about 6:30 Saturday morning.  Then what seemed like 100 years later, it was time to get up and go!  I headed over to my parents to help set up and prepare for our family to arrive!  Then noon rolled around and everyone was there, we corralled the men into the house where the women were already crowding around the cake waiting for the reveal, then it was FINALLY time to cut the cake that held the answer I had been waiting months to know! 


(Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Oh How We Wonder Who You Are...)

My husband and I stood at the back of the cake and faced our family as we cut into it... I was the first to see (Hahaha!)  I tried to keep my reaction and composure under control as to not give away what the inside of the cake revealed.  As I got the piece cut we held it up for the room to see that beautiful BLUE cake!  I was so happy to know who my baby was!  I woke up Saturday morning not knowing who was sharing this body with me, and Saturday night I went to bed as Ryder's Mommy :)


(It's a Boy!)


(The inside of our cake!)


(Annoucing our little boys name, Ryder Richard Ray)


(Us with my Dad, Richard.  Excited that we gave the baby his name!)

1 comment:

  1. I love the sentence, "I woke up Saturday morning not knowing who was sharing this body with me, and Saturday night I went to bed as Ryder's mommy." Great memories!

    ReplyDelete