Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Beginning.

Let's start with a little background. 

I met my now husband in July of 2009 through mutal friends.
On July 15th 2011, at his birthday party in front of our friends and family, he popped THE question.  (I said yes, of course.) 
We were married exactly 90 days later on October 15th 2011.
We honeymooned in Gatlinburg, TN (which is absolutely GORGEOUS in the fall, I highly recommend you go there).  
We came home and life commenced, which leads us to this...

My 1st ovulation post wedding was mid November.  The hubs and I talked about it, and agreed to start trying.  Our thought was, it would more than likely take a while before we actually conceived.... boy were we wrong.  Two days before I was to actually start my cycle, and become officially "late", a friend of mine told me she was absolutely convinced I was already pregnant.  I totally argued, thinking there was no way we were pregnant after the first try.  Fast forward to dinner time... I'm standing in the kitchen whipping up a masterpiece, no doubt (if you are familiar with my cooking, try not to laugh.  If you're not, lucky you.) when I realize, I have to pee.  I head to the bathroom, and figure "hey, I already have to go, and I have a test in the drawer... why not take one."  I did this mostly to prove to my friend that I was right and she was wrong, just for kicks.  I take the test, finish my business, and then looked over at the counter, prepared to throw the test away... but wait... I'm sorry... is that two lines?  I blinked, looked again... and immediately threw it down on the floor.  (Strange reaction I know, but I was in total shock).  I bent over, looked again, yep... there they were looking right back at me. 

So at this point, I've been hiding in the bathroom having my own private freak out for about 10 minutes. I finally came out and called for my husband to come... then quickly turned and shut myself back into the bathroom.  He came in the bathroom looking bewildered, and all I could do is point to the counter top where the test lay.  He picked it up, looked at me... and said (drumroll please) "Ok... why are you freaking out?" Not exactly the reaction I thought I'd get.  I guess I was hoping for him to gush, that I made all his dreams come true... oh and tears.  Eh, you win some you lose some. 
I ended up going to the store that night and purchasing another box of tests, came home drown myself in water and went and took all three at once... just to be sure, and oh we're sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment